Teeth scan second attempt!

I tacked small pieces of tape to each tooth to preserve the model and then placed a small dot of acrylic paint on each sliver of tape. Using a toilet paper roll painted black I created a stand for the model and placed it on a sheet of grid paper that will hopefully help the software track my model. Here is a pic of the new setup-

I took 50 some odd pictures from different angles and here is the result-

Much better! This scan captured a much closer representation of the volume of the object and I was able to take the model, and with much deliberation, optimize/ quadify the mesh for use in Sculptris. I used rectangular wedges to cut gaps into the mesh where the spaces in between the teeth belong.

Finally I wanted to post an image of the texture unwrap generated by default in 123D Catch-

Leave a Reply